What a "Cup of Coffee"



I was having a hot Cup of Coffee with my teammates near the pantry, while we were taking a breather, on a very hectic working day, when Baba muttered “Hey look at her guys, she’s looking hot. I wish I could...…….Uhh hmmm”pointing towards Inaya, taking a deep sigh. Every bustards face turned around & followed every step of hers, Inaya, while she was walking towards the Coffee vending machine.  Baba, as was called by his mates, was a aggravated soul, one of the biggest loser of all time, actually a jack-ass (always speaking about love n Sex), suffering from an unsuccessful love life himself and having the habit of falling in love with every second girl, remains in love with her until his gaze, falls on another good looking girl. Inaya, which meant God’s Blessing in Arabic, some one told me, was a beautiful Bengali Girl & his new crush, I guess as it had been just a week’s time in my new job & that’s all I had got to know about him. Unfortunately Baba was also our Project lead. Even his personal cubicle held a display with the words mentioned that goes as

What’s on my Mind Today : -
The Beauty of Vodka is that it looks like water……
The beauty of office is that water bottles are allowed”.
I was looking at Inaya; her extreme beauty really complimented her name, when I again got interrupted by Baba’s comments “Maal hai saali….Jaha jaati hai Aag laga deti hai ….” To all my dear readers abroad, most of them being in non - Hindi speaking countries like US, UK, European countries like Poland, Germany etc, Baba’s comments means “She sets the floor on fire wherever she goes”. 
 Now, the bunch of bustards, which also included me, fortunately or unfortunately, had already started discussing about the hot Maal, about her cuteness, her beauty, her figure, her long straight flowing hair, her sex appeal & what not. Everyone was just talking about girls; some talked about Inaya, some about Deepika, Pooja, Richa & rest of the beautiful girls of the office.  Anyways that’s what guys usually discuss during their tea break sessions - girls, cricket & Cars. Baba sounded a real despo (desperate) when he attempted to spread Love Gyaan pretending himself to be a Love Guru, in his own reckless style “Someone Somewhere is surely made for You and God has decided a perfect Time to make You meet that person…..Till Then….Enjoy Your Crushes”. Nevertheless, the conversation about girls reminded me of Aarti.
                I was now one week old in this company & it had almost been a month since I last spoke to Aarti. I wanted to speak to her but didn’t have any good reasons or topics to speak to her. I took a sip of my Coffee which was still hot, refreshing, motivational & magical. I had been a Coffee lover since time immemorial but I never had an idea that a Coffee can do such wonders, even to the extent of giving ideas or topics to start a conversation. The sip of Coffee flicked my head to ping her on Microsoft Office Communicator. To the folks, Ms- Office Communicator 2007 R2 is an extremely wonderful application of Microsoft Inc. Office Communicator 2007 R2 is a unified communications application that helps Employees (specially IT Dogs) to be more productive by enabling them to communicate and collaborate easily with others in different locations or time zones using a range of different communication options, including instant messaging (IM), voice, desktop sharing and video, Integration with programs across the Microsoft Office system — including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Groove, and SharePoint — giving Employees many different ways to communicate directly from the context of their task.
            Conversational Hypertext Access Technology “being the most extensively used feature of office communicator. To all those who myths “CHAT” as “Come & Have A Talk” , let me bring to the notice of my dear readers that “CHAT” is the abbreviated form of “Conversational Hypertext Access Technology”. All I needed to do was to find Aarti amongst one lac employees of the IT Giant by just typing her name in the text box of the Office Communicator. I typed Aarti Bansal & with that Communicator displayed a list of eight Aarti Bansal. I cursed Communicator like anything. I was left with no other way but have to go to details of each & every displayed name. Another good feature of Communicator came into existence. Against every Aarti Bansal, it held a database of whom being what. I started clicking on properties of every search name displayed along with their respective Designation, Department, Location, Mobile no & Office Extension. On checking the properties of Aarti Bansal who was listed at No 6 in the search list, I succeeded to find out the person I was looking for. The properties displayed Aarti Bansal, Assistant Manager, Human Resource, B-Block Sec- 18 with her Mobile No & Extension. I took out my cell phone & verified her Mobile no. which left a colon followed by hyphen followed by closing brace, typographical portrayal of face, a form of Emoticon, to be precise which meant it put a Smile on my face.
       Finally I gather the guts and ping her, whom I had found with the help of two key supports, first being the magical sip from my Cup of Coffee and the second one being, MS- Office Communicator. I typed “Hi in the text box of the pop-up & waited for her response.
After a minute or so she greeted back “Hey Hi, How are you?”
“I am doing great, how about u?” I replied.
“I am good.” & from there, we continued with an absurd conversation that lasted for around 20 minutes.      
 “Hey I would like to Thank you” I said.
“Thanks, for What” She enquired
“It’s because of you that I am here today, so I wanted to thank you”.
“No there is nothing like that. I just did my job & nothing else. It’s all because of your efforts & your good work, and your experience that you are here.” She responded meekly.
“You are so damn right, I have worked really hard to be here” I said to myself and felt like patting my back. However, I needed to show my graceful and humble self, compliment her & give her the entire credit which, most of the time; serves as an incredible ingredient to impress a lady, in fact any lady. I wanted to make her realize that her presence served as a lucky charm that really worked during my selection procedure in the IT Giant.



February 19th, Saturday
It was a breezy Saturday morning, the clock hands making a right angle in the third Quarter indicating 9:30. Thankfully it was a week-end, a soothing breather form the hectic work days. I went to the kitchen to fetch my first Cup of Coffee of the day. I poured Coffee in my Coffee Mug and added a spoonful of sugar to it. I was still stirring it to make the sugar completely dissolve in the Coffee; when I heard Backstreet Boy’s “Quit Playing Games with my Heart” Playing on my Nokia E72. The morning could be no better than what it was at this moment having a Cup of Coffee in hand & such an awesome number playing around. The musical nodes went off & few moments later, the song got played again. Shit, I realized, my phone was buzzing. I rushed to pick the call. The 2.36” QVGA display featured Angelina Jolie licking Strawberry, her lips even more redder then the strawberry in the background with a Text displaying “Aarti Calling…”
                I picked the call & said “Hello” in return of which I heard an extremely beautiful voice greeting me ‘Good Morning’.  It was a morning that started off really good; I admitted & told Her that I was actually thinking of her only when she asked what I was doing. I lied in order to make the lady pleased, that’s what girls like to hear always, so I did.
“What’s your plan for today?” She added another question from her never ending question bank. I wonder, where do these girls maintain such a huge database of questions & how do they retrieve questions within fraction of nanosecond from the myriad. I told her that I had no specific plans for the day.
“That’s great. So let’s meet today at my place at 1’0 clock sharp. I have a surprise for you.” She said excitedly. These words of her shook my head & I cursed myself like anything. I felt like a Volcano has erupted over my head. On hearing her words I wanted to get evacuate from this Planet Earth. It was not that I did not want to meet her, I literally did. In fact I wanted to spend a whole day with her but not today at least.
                Today, February 19th was the day every cricket lover was anxiously waiting for, as today was the Inaugural match of the ICC World Cup 2011 to be played between India & Bangladesh. The “Lord of Runs”, master blaster, the man himself “Sachin Tendulkar” had already announced the arrival of Cup to India & that, the “Men in Blue” are going to win this World Cup. Thankfully the match was on a week-end & I could enjoy it without bothering about the office crap. All my plans were ruined by a mere call. I visualized how that beautiful Aarti turned to a monster & approaching myself to gulp me up.   
“OK” I replied vulnerably “I’ll be there at 1”
“Great! Catch you then. Be on time” She instructed ending the call.
************
I looked at my watch to check the time before knocking the door which told me that I was late by 22 minutes & I am going to suffer for that in a short while. Off course, I had committed a crime by being late even though it was the very first time that I was going to meet Aarti. It’s a fundamental right or say a reservation to women to get late & if a guy gets late even by mistake then he has to suffer for it. I banged the door which got opened few seconds later. I was looking downwards when my gaze suddenly fall on bare footed naked legs which looked extremely beautiful driving me senseless.  It was hard to took my eyes off before a beautiful voice breezed my ears, “Welcome Mr. Yash, come inside.” It was Aarti standing in front of me, stripped in Blue colored Denim short which wrapped her legs till thighs with a Red Tee announcing “Don’t Touch – I’m Hot, Stay Away – I’m Electrifying”. She looked beautiful like never before. I looked at her deep hazel eyes beaming with purity, her pink lips with a hint of gloss & her celestial smile that floored me. I got swayed away to the hinterland.
“The Toss is going to happen in next 5 minutes” Aarti’s words sounded magical to my ears, she added pointing towards the Sofa Set “settle down; I’ll get you a Cup of Coffee”. I nodded. Thankfully she didn’t declare any penalty for being late. I had never expected such a wonderful surprise, but she had made my day. I clashed her sofa set & sank there like a boneless mammal. She was a legitimate soul, who had planned a whole beautiful day with me, witnessing the historical match accompanied by delicious food prepared by her, especially for the occasion. Ten minutes later she came back with a mug of Coffee, a Cold Coffee with some choco-chip cookies which looked tempting. I told her that although Mr. Dhoni has lost the toss but still India is going to bat first. She got excited on hearing that while she tossed the cushion towards me. My soul experienced an astral travel to heaven every time I made a visual contact with her.  She neatly placed the Coffee mugs & the cookies on the table. She tied her hair with a black clutcher, which had sharp pointed teeth resembling Monster’s Claw, which held her hair tightly & not let it mess up, & then walked towards me. She sat next to me & smacked her elbow to my stomach breaking the hush & filling tiny beads of laughter in the room & said “Would you take the Coffee yourself or do I need to spoon feed you”. I held the mug near my lips and took a sip.This was the best Coffee I  had ever which tasted even better when she tossed one of the cookies to my mouth with her own beautiful soft hands.. Match started, Sehwag was the man on the crease who drove the very first delivery of Bangladesh’s seamer Naimul Islam, outside the boundary. She looked extremely beautiful when she applauded in her own juvenile way, appreciating Sehwag’s shot cheering the “Men in Blue”. “That’s a cover drive” I told her to which she gave a horrifying look, putting me back to silence. Guys are not supposed to talk, or at least teach lessons of Cricket to girls. I sipped my coffee & then took a bite from the cookie to keep my mouth shut. She noticed my silence & then smiled, giving me a sigh of relief, & said “Would you remain silent the whole day or is it your Maun Vrat”. Thankfully I was given an opportunity to speak, which guys hardly get any. I decided to make the best of the opportunity so I asked her to untie her hair as she looked more beautiful with her hair open; she smiled & turned back saying “Well, would you mind helping me”. I removed the clutcher and saw the silky smooth satin like hair fall down, like a river coming down with all its lazy movements from the Himalayas.  
At 3:30 we had our Lunch, prepared by Aarti, which was the most delicious one I ever had in my life. The time flew by, with Aarti occupying the retinal space of my eyes most of the time throughout my stay at her place. I treasured every single move she made during that time from blinking her eyes to curling her lips into smile to her tender fingers re-adjusting the flocks of hair falling over her face to every little gesticulation she made. We were enjoying our second round of Coffee in the evening. Sehwag was playing on 97 of just 81 balls & he hit a four, throwing the delivery outside the boundary to reach his Hundred. She hugged me in excitement & at that moment I wished the time to stay still. It was a moment I had never imagined, a time that would come so fast, a hug that was so warm that it could melt a stone. It was one of those rarest moments of my life which if I had the control, would have rewind again and again. My myriad Thanks to Mr. Sehwag. The time had stopped, I saw stars, I heard sweet music, and I felt cool waves running towards us, with me & Aarti walking together hand-in –hand beachside, enduring storms & what not. Today, I had best “Cup of Coffee” with Aarti & hope to have many more………       

Comments

  1. such a fresh write up.congrats yash.
    We all are waiting for the next one

    You rocked man

    :-) Rahul

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going Gaga over Germany!!!

Road to the Riches