Baba Anna Ramdev Hazare

Anna Hazare & Baba Ramdev, are two of the most common names discussed anywhere in India today.
            Anna Hazare is one of India's well-acclaimed social activists & a former soldier of the Indian army.
Baba Ramdev is known worldwide for his teachings of Yoga, Pranayama and political activities on a number of social and medical issues.
Both of them come together with one & same purpose raising their voices against “Black Money” and with their movement against corruption in India. Myriad of people joined them & thousands of voices were heard as one. Both of them announced their “Satyagraha” & “Fast until Death” in the month of April & May supported by thousands of people in their movement.
While some politicians called Baba Ramdev, a “Thag”, who was trying to “agitate” people in the garb of anti-corruption protest raising question on his Empire of 1100 crores.
            Yet, few politicians defended the police act wherein thousand of Ramdev’s cohorts were dispersed by police using batons & tear gas shells at Ramlila Maidan Delhi
                While witnessing the entire episode on TV, I was not sure of my views.
I was unable to make my decision of who was right. This drove me back to when I aspired to be an Army man in my childhood. Those were the days when I dreamt myself to be a Politician someday. Those were the days when I wanted to be a Judge. Those were the days when I looked forward to be a great writer. Those were the days when I wanted to be an Engineer or a doctor.
Back then I wished to participate in every noble cause & to remove poverty from the country. I aspired to be a soldier to fight against all evil. I dreamt myself to be a politician to remove corruption & lead my country with pride & to make it a dream country where everyone could live peacefully. I wanted to be a judge who made fair decisions & punished the culprit. I looked forward to be a writer to write about my beautiful country and of my contribution in making it a beautiful country. I relived all those moments in which I always aspired myself to be a responsible citizen. I remembered all the books that inspired me to be a proud Indian & which taught us “Dharti hamari Maa hai” or “India is our mother”
I recalled Anna Hazare’s statement “The dream of India as a strong nation will not be realized without self-reliant, self-sufficient villages, this can be achieved only through social commitment & involvement of the common man."  I then started introspecting.
            I tried to Identify “Who am I?” I asked myself “What was my contribution to the society?” I thought “Have I returned anything to my country?”  Today I realized that I am a politician who makes fanatical money for authorizing illegal activities. I am a judge whose verdict go in favor of the rich. I am the writer who focuses on Love & relationship, or on Page 3 masala. I am an Engineer, who desires to get a job in U.S where he can make crazy money & to get settle down there. I am a doctor who doesn’t treat anyone until he makes the payment in advance.
I am the one who bribes fifty bucks for not wearing the Helmet while riding. I am the one who throws away few bucks to avoid standing in queues at the temple in the name of donation. I am the one who pays under table to save Tax. I am the one who puts note bundles in chocolate boxes while visiting official to get the license for my business.
I am the one who finds that the leaky tap in the bathroom is of greater concern than the failure of the summit, or the rise in the cost of toothpaste and tomatoes is more bothersome than the deficit in our foreign exchange reserves.
I am the one who never misses any chance to break law & order. I am the one who don’t feel like following the rules & regulations & yet I am the one who blames and criticize the system. I have perfected being docile as a survival strategy & not to whimper in protest.
I am “The Common Man”


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going Gaga over Germany!!!

Road to the Riches