Fragrance Exotica

She looked like the princess; she seemed to be the most beautiful woman ever on the planet Earth. I have always dreamt of, to see her clad in a bridal outfit, to get her married some day, I have always prayed for her contentment, of her to be blessed with each & every happiness in life. These were the moments when she was actually standing juxtaposed to me dressed in exotic Red Satin Lehenga that shimmered and shined, ornately embroidered and featured sequins, pearls and other embellishments, which made her look the most gorgeous woman on this special day. Her palms painted with Mehandi made a perfect compliment to her beauty & she appeared captivating and pretty on her wedding day, as it was the most auspicious and best day of her life, undoubtedly. I could clearly see her wearing very basic make-up & a great amount of jewelry that decorated every part of her body.

Today, I felt to be the happiest person on the occasion of wedding of my sister. Eventually I realized that, today, she is going to leave me forever and with that ,all those moments flashed through my eyes when my father placed a hundred rupee note on my hand to give it to her as a gift on Raksha bandhan. I felt jealous & wondered why she was paid a heavy gift of hundred bucks when she had been already gifted with a nice doll that too for just tying a Rakhi on my hand.

I remembered those days when my dad used to take us for shopping & I used to get just a pair of jeans whereas she was purchased a frock, a t-shirt with a skirt, few hairclips & bands. During those days, I felt my parents to be more biased & more caring towards their daughter. I used to have fights with her on every occasion. I used to snatch her doll & break it into pieces whenever she beat me while playing video games. I recalled those signature lines.

“What’s happening?” "Do I have to come up there?" "She hit me first." "I did nothing!" “Hamesha meri hi galti hoti hai!” “Nobody says anything to her”

My parents always used to say, “One day, she will go to her home for ever & then you’ll be the one to miss her the most.” These words sounded absurd to me & made no impact to me.

By the time we grew up, we started sharing a good bonding between us & I realized her importance in my life. She used to defend me when ever I failed in tests. She was the biggest support when I had my first break-up. I still love wearing the watch that she gifted me from her first salary. I loved the head massage she used to give me on my return from the college. I recalled all the chats that we used to have while enjoying Maggi during those rainy days sometimes evoking childhood memories, sometimes conferring our future.

She was a kid at the time of relishing & celebrations; she was a friend whenever I needed support; she was a mother whenever I needed care & affection. She has been a Teacher who taught me to live & enjoy life. I remember those lines which she always muttered & that I never understood.

“Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing.”

A sister is the most beautiful gift to a human by god & I am blessed to have a sister like her. She has filled my life with the essence & fragrance of all the elements of love, care and warmth and I am glad to have a sister like her.

The whole thought put a huge smile on my face with disappointment clearly reflecting in my eyes. Tears rolled down my cheeks.

Suddenly, I woke up from my dream, my eyes still wet & I still felt the smile on my face blended with disappointment, off course.  

I wish I had a sister.

Comments

  1. Really awesome..... While reading every word I literally flashed my past and everything was same. It was very clear picture like it happened yesterday... Really we never gonna realize until that moment comes. I love you sis..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going Gaga over Germany!!!

Road to the Riches