Life is Good



Life is good


Last few weeks had been really hectic. I needed a breather badly, I wanted to indulge in some activities which could help me overcome exertion. I valuated many activities and finally settled on watching some funny videos on Youtube. Yeah, I had thought of many options which could be good stress reliever like I thought of playing sports or to go for cycling, to go clubbing etc. But finally I turned on Youtube and started watching Stand-up comedy acts.


Lately, stand-up comedy market has emerged in the country and it’s amazing to watch such great talent. The actors are really good and they leave no stone unturned to entertain the audience. I feel delighted to watch the comic timing of the performers, the dialog delivery, variations in the emotions and expressions and many other things. And I must admit these guys (and girls, I should mention girls as well to avoid protests from the Feminists gang  …. just kiddingJ) are far better as compared to the much hyped actors of the mainstream movies. These guys have much better understanding of the nuances of the art.


However what amazed me the most is the content. I observed that most of the content was based on tragedy in someone’s life or some really serious issues in society.


Well, I will not go into details of the content of these acts but as per my observation the acts are mainly based on some pretty serious issues ranging from Terrorism to Political correctness, from Sexism to Racism, from Poverty to educational issues, from recession to pink slips. Else, the performer is telling about the problem in someone’s life like somebody’s Love life, or the day-to-day issues in job. I mean if you observe closely he is talking just about the issues which each of us is dealing with in day to day life. He might be unknowingly talking about the problems of someone sitting in the audience. OK, there are some stupid comedians who try to act funny by insulting someone or by trying to prove themselves over smart . (You know someone? J).


Well, this made me think about something. I was wondering why these acts make us laugh. Why are we laughing on someone’s problems? What made us laugh when talking about some really serious societal issues.


We are laughing on them because we want to laugh. We are in a club with a beer and we just want to relax. We don’t want to think about our problems anymore. And then when we hear about trouble in someone else’s life which is definitely put across in a very strategic way (yeah I mean comically/humorously), we can’t stop laughing. I agree with the fact that the comedians present the content in such a way that it sounds funny but we can’t deny the content of the act.


Well, I would say that Life is full of tragedy. You will face a new challenge each day, there might be thousand issues in your life. There might be problems in your Love life, you might not be able lose weight (well the reason could be beer ), there might be some health issue among thousand others. You might even get married


 But what you need to learn from such comedy acts is to laugh even in tough times. Life is based on your attitude – If you want to be happy, you would be happy. Master the art of laughing at your own tragedies and life will be good.


And remember all you need in Life to be Happy is a Beer mug

Comments

  1. Great observation! Awesome description.. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going Gaga over Germany!!!

Road to the Riches