Journey called Life



My Yamaha RX100 roared as I headed to the Expressway. What better could I do to kill the Saturday boredom? Seriously? Does anyone go for a ride at these odd hours?  Its’ just 5 & even the sun is hidden somewhere beneath the grey sky. Anyways I had decided to go for a long ride on my old buddy, my RX100 & I am in no mood to take a rain check.
It’s a cool Saturday morning; the sky is a mixture of grey & blue, blur. The road is quite, with little sound of bird’s chirping. The cold breeze is fresh & pleasant. The roads are deserted & street lights are dimly lit.  Dew was still plainly visible on all the blades of grass nearby. At a distance I could hear dogs barking. There are few people jogging in their running shoes, other just walking. What are these people doing? Where are they going? And then I remember they belong to the health-conscious species. Crazy people! When was the last I woke up that early? When was the last I saw the sun rising? I tried hard to recall but nothing could help.
It’s a lovely, beautiful & a wonderful morning. In 15 minutes, I am on the Expressway & my whole perception change in a moment. Till 5 minutes back, I thought that the whole of the world was sleeping. But, here I realize that the world never sleeps. There are countless cars running as if to evacuate the city. Trucks are moving to & fro the city to get daily the essentials. There were patrol cars on the highway. And I was stuck in awe to see the other side of the life. There are so many people working to make my life easier. The newspaper hawker went unnoticed when I was leaving the building. And then the milk van there on the street.
I am taken aback. My train of thoughts shook utterly. What is it? Oh my God, this crazy chap, why the hell is he driving so fast? Not his fault, Honda CRV it is. My RX100 was completely shaken by the drift of the CRV. Son of a bitch. He almost killed me. But he is a rich spat. Privileged. In fraction of seconds, he is nowhere to be seen. He is far away of me. I would have taught him a lesson if I had a fast moving car too. I can ride fast, but in no way my 100 cc petite could compete the monster. And here I came across with the other aspect of life. He is privileged, gifted with luxuries. Some people are blessed & guaranteed with success. Despite of all the hard work & efforts, the rest have to struggle. The hoarding to my left just 100 meters ahead is a sound proof. Saif & Kareena selling a Shampoo. No Talent, just privileged.     
The cold breeze washed my thoughts. The sun has overpowered the dawn & I realized how beautiful the world is. I forgot the CRV & am enjoying my ride again. The night is gone & it’s a day ahead, a bright day. Full of light. As the day prosper, the roads begin to fill with more vehicles, more people. True, there are more people around in good times. Day is a symbol of good times. I stop at the traffic signal & the girl in the white Santro gave me a brief smile. I didn’t even know her, still she is giving me a smile? Its Day -
Good Time. Everyone is a friend in good times.
I laid some rubber. Though I didn’t want to ride fast but I had to pick up the pace to cope up with other vehicles on the road. Everyone is moving in such a hurry, if I don’t speed up I’ll be left behind. The worse is, if I don’t match their speed, I may be a victim of soemone’s speed. I might just be killed.
And I had to apply sudden brakes. It seemed the whole road had stopped of something. “It seems to be an accident”, someone said in the nearby car. I raise a little above of my seat to find the man was right. Two cars have met an accident. There is a complete mess on the road, people giving the first aid to the wounded & moving them to other car to take them to hospital. Others helping to clear the accidental cars off the road. The cars & trucks at the back are honking, least bothered about the causality. The traffic began to move slowly.  The road is clear in few minutes & picked up its normal pace.  Everyone moving towards his own destiny.  Something or other keeps on happening on different patches of the road. The road is endless.
I return home with a different perspective towards life. I realized that Road is a true replica of Life. With all the hush & rush, you have to move on. There are stumbling block, catastrophe & what not…. But ultimately life has doesn’t wait for anybody & it keeps going….
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going Gaga over Germany!!!

Road to the Riches